In Q4 2022’s update of the Zinnov-NASSCOM India GCC ecosystem, we zeroed in on the Telecom & Networking vertical. Global companies, particularly American and European in origin, are especially attracted to Bangalore and NCR, which account for ~56% of the total Global Capability Centers (GCCs). The availability of skilled talent, ease of doing business, and the dynamic support ecosystem have all been attractive for companies in this space.
India continues to be a preferred destination for MNCs to set up Global Capability Centers (GCCs) or Global Centers of Excellence (GCoEs), and the 11 new GCCs that were established in Q4 of 2022 underscore this. Approximately 73% of all new centers have all three functional areas of Engineering R&D, IT, and BPM, which speaks volumes about the diversity of skilled talent currently available in India. While the Software & Internet vertical took the top position with nearly 45% of the newly set up GCCs belonging to this vertical, it was followed by Electrical & Electronics, Travel & Hospitality, Semiconductors, Chemicals & Materials, etc.
Interestingly, among the newly established and existing GCCs in India, ~58% of them were US-headquartered, compared to 76% in Q3 2022. While the newly established GCCs have chosen Tier-I cities for their centers, 2 of the established GCCs that have expanded centers in Q4 2022 have set up operations in Tier-II cities, Bhubaneswar and Coimbatore.
With the 5G rollout across the world, Telecom & Networking companies have been at the forefront of enabling the transition. And they will play a bigger role as 5G becomes the norm, while older equipment and networks need to be maintained or decommissioned. Partnerships will be key for Telecom & Networking companies to move ahead in the 5G era.
In this edition of the report, we break down case studies from across the Telecom & Networking vertical. These provide a detailed view of the center setup objectives, initiatives undertaken, collaboration and partnerships, and the impact that the India GCCs have been able to deliver.
•There is 1.38 Mn total installed GCC talent in India currently.
• Bangalore continues to remain the top destination for companies to set up their centers in India, with 8 new GCCs set up in Q4 of 2022.
• In Q4 2022, 11 new GCCs were set up in India.
• Approximately 74%+ of the total Telecom & Networking GCCs in India are US-headquartered.
• Details of all the Global Capability Centers (GCCs) established in India during the 4th quarter of 2022
• Centers that have expanded within the country
• Location and vertical-wise mapping of the new GCCs established in India in Q4 2022
• Key themes driving India’s leadership in the GCC ecosystem
• An overview of industry verticals along with several best-in-class case studies